Friday 18 February 2011

映画: 告白 Confessions

Difficulty Ranking: I
Transcript / Subs: Maybe i'll transcribe this in the future, but tons of stuff to do 1st!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1590089/

This film is intense!!!!!! i've watched it twice now, and both times i realised there were a few times i had forgotten to breath. It's not intense in a scary, edge-of-your-seat or horror way, just... i dunno. Watch it & you'll see...

It's not the kind of "confession" you usually expect from 告白, & looking at the cover i expected some weak romance. But that's wayyyy off. It's the confessions of a mother who's daughter was murdered, and the children involved in the murder.

i watched this the first time in Japan, without english subs, and i could understand a lot of it, but not every individual line. But, the sound is really clear (apart from at the beginning), so, with english subs i think i can transcribe the majority of it. If i ever get enough time, i will... :) (maybe this should be B/I?)

Anyway, recommended!! i think this will maybe reach about Battle Royale popularity in the west...

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, I've been wanting to read the novel of this for a while now! I don't want to watch the movie before a read it because I don't want plot points to get spoiled (I'm a 読書家 who thinks the book is usually better than the movie adaptation XD, or at least a lot more detailed), but I definitely want to watch the movie once I read the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah me too!!! Well, i don't have much time for reading anymore, but i used to believe that a lot. The thing i disliked most was imagining the characters and places as those in the film, it's much more interesting to think of your own, i think!
    Anyway, it's difficult to find a film that is better than the book, i only know of a few i think!! Well, from what i've heard, this might be one time it is... the book is ok, apparently, but nothing too special, and i read that the director did a really good job making it into a film. Let me know what you think when you've read and seen it though!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's like you have a more personal connection with the story when reading a novel then when watching a movie.
    I used to not have much time for reading, until I figured out how to use my cellphone as a text reader (Plus a certain 5000 text novels:http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249504), and I read all the time now!^-^
    Really? That's interesting...I'll probably buy the book sometime next year or so, since I already bought a lot of Japanese novels lately XD, but I'll definitely tell you my thoughts on them once I've seen/read them both!!

    ReplyDelete