Tuesday 17 May 2011

アニメ・映画: 秒速5センチメートル 5 centimetres per second

Difficulty Ranking: 2
Subtitles:  here
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0983213/

i think, if you've ever been in love, you can't help refeeling it watching this film at some point...

all of the beauty, the painfulness, the small things that have such meaning to someone in love, the feeling of the time that passes without seeing someone, and the feeling of living afterwards, when that person as an idea rather than reality are depicted here. It's a simple story, but told through just, absolutely stunning animation. The animation really is just unspeakably beautiful, almost perfect!!!

There is nothing especially difficult about the vocabulary, and the people's voices are clear and easy to hear and not overdone at all like a lot of animes. But it doesn't just consist of well worn phrases either, and the language is also a little poetic at times, which makes it nice to listen to. I wonder what the manga's like? Seems like the kind of thing i wouldn't mind reading sometime...

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that movie! It reminds me of Hoshi no Koe/Voices of a Distant Star (also by the same guy), where the main story is told through letters, and the content reminded me of Sennen Joyuu/Millennium Actress...Both movies which made me cry. Oh yeah, there's a reference in 5cm to a 5 minute short Shinkai made called Kanojo no Kanojo no Neko, which is on Youtube, and I recommend. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. i found 彼女と彼女の猫, ahhh it's brilliant!!! hahah then i rewatched 秒速5センチメートル to find the reference ;) i love the way Chobi is drawn compared to everything else!!!

    ... definately gonna watch those other ones, thankyou!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. this one's funny as well! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4og9AE8Pk_o&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, 彼女の彼女の猫 is probably my favorite anime short. I didn't think I could form a connection with a character in just five minutes before I saw that. I love how Chobi is drawn too. It's so simple, and yet (or maybe because of that) so cute at the same time.

    LOL, that second one's good!! 決行は明日!wwwwww

    ReplyDelete