Sunday 15 May 2011

アニメ: サムライチャンプルー Samurai Champloo

Difficulty Ranking: 2
Subtitles: i can't believe these wouldn't exist?!... but, i can't find them, so... 

So, having decided that Samurais are cool, i decided to watch Samurai Champloo. It's pretty cool!!! I enjoyed watching it.

Basically, it's about these 2 Samurais who are awesome and this girl who go in search of a Samurai that smells like sunflowers. Each episode is a different story of some trouble they get into.

As a side note... i usually read some reviews of a show before i watch something, and i was surprised to see people were saying the fighting scenes were "realistic". umm...ww. But, they are fun to watch!!

I've put this as difficulty ranking 2 because i don't watch much anime, so i'm just assuming it's around average. Even though it's about Samurai, and set in old Japan, they don't use old speech forms at all really. So, it's pretty safe watching...

Maybe i'll watch some more of this anime stuff... ;)

p.s. the soundtrack is great!!!

6 comments:

  1. I've heard about this. I was kind of turned off when I heard it had a hip-hop soundtrack (it's not my kind of music), and I'm not sure about episodic series (every once in a while there's a good thought provoking, introspective, episodic anime like Kino no Tabi, but a lot of them end up getting monotonous to me after a while), but I can't pass up a good fight scene, and I don't think I've really watched a samurai anime since Rurouni Kenshin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update: I watched episode #1, and it was pretty entertaining! I like the female character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, she's funny :)

    i like Mugen best, he's totally insane or something...

    Yeah, it's not particularly a thought-provoking or introspective anime, it's more of a fun-to-watch thing with cool fight scenes. But that's nice sometimes too :)

    i haven't watched either Kino no tabi or rurouni kenshin, i'll check them out, thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. あら, my comment disappeared? ^-^;

    Well, the gist of it was that, while I love action comedy anime, lately I haven't had as much time to watch anime, so I've been leaning toward watching anime that makes me think, or feel, deeply, because in the end, those are the ones that really stay with me.

    Rurouni Kenshin is a good samurai action anime (the movies & OVA weren't that good), but it goes on and on, to the point where I lost interest in it...The fights were pretty cool though.

    Kino no Tabi is a 13 episode series (and tow half hour "movies")that I consider one of the hidden gems of anime. It's really good if you like dark, thought-provoking series that break the mold of what anime is "supposed to be".

    ReplyDelete
  5. uuuuh, my favourite anime, i loved it!! I'd really have lots of fun srsing it. Aren't there any subs? :(((

    ReplyDelete
  6. i couldn't find any... if you do though, let me know :)

    ReplyDelete